Monday, November 3, 2008

Blogger ate my entry

Ok so I came to update when I realized Blogger ate my entry that went along with the slide show. I looked for the draft, but now such luck.

So this was my weekend ... Friday when hubby got home we finished decorating the yard. Nothing like procrastinating to the bitter end. We though kids started trick or treating at 6 but to our dismay it was 5pm. We were still eating our dinner! Hubby had fun with it though. We had steak that he cut into strips ... he told the kids he was eating the other half of the leg from our display & then with the steak he had made sweet potato fries ... he said it was fingers. he he he You should have seen some of the looks he was getting. Some of the kids truly believed he was crazy enough to eat a person. Anyway, one of our first trick or treaters was this young lady that I have never seen around before ... kinda creeped me out. Ya see she came through our yard asking to play with my Chihuahua's & I told her no they would bite her. Their loving for us but they little fluckers will bite strangers. So after she realizes I'm not about to change my mind (don't need a law suit on my hands) she grabs up the leg from my display & says I don't want a treat so I'll just take this trick. Ummm, hello ... who let's their child try to run off with other people's property? The mother ... older sister ... whoever she was didn't make her behave at all. Instead she was at the top of the drive yelling at her to come on or she was gonna leave without her. The girl yells back ... go ahead, I'm fine right where I am. She takes off her shoes, sits in a chair & asks for a nice slice of leg. OMG ... I couldn't believe the nerve of this girl. She looked to be 11-13 years old. Anyway, after about 30 minutes the lady came back around to retrieve the girl. So glad ... I was fed up with her antics. I wanted to prey the leg out of her hands & beat her over the head with it.

So the drama filled child leaves and we pass out the candy. Had a really good crowd considering we live on the city limit line. Right as trick or treating was about over my brother pulls up with the twins & my niece .. SIL too. My kids ended up going trick or treating even though they thought they were to old to go. They had no costumes but that didn't seem to stop them. They had fun with their auntie & uncle. We took lots of adorable pics of the kids in costume ... aren't they so sweet looking?

Saturday we were all set to have a yard sale but neither one of us were in the mood for it so since we hadn't set out any signs we decided to wait until spring comes around. It's a bunch of summer clothes anyway ... wouldn't get much for them this time of year. It's nice weather that we're having ... but not that nice. So we headed to the flea market ...

I love going to the flea market unless I'm feeling down. When I'm feeling down we always end up leaving with an animal. I was feeling great as I walked by all the cages ... played with all the furry babies ... the last stand we went to hubby says awww, he's so cute. The lady says yeah he's the last one ... all his sisters were taken first thing this morning. He asked how much but I thought he was just being polite. She said well since he's the last one I'll shave off $50 and let you get him for $150 ... now this is a great deal on mini Chihuahua's. In our area they sell for no less than $100 more & that's driving into Florida to get them. I'm looking & thinking nah when hubby says ... he's mine ... I'm naming him too! WTH? We already have 5 babies at home ... he says well you have your dogs now I want one of my own. I'm almost crapped my pants ... so I bought him because hubby seemed to want him so bad. The booger held him through the rest of the market ... all the way home & slept with him too. Hubby started calling him Tater (yes I know ... very redneckish) but the name just wasn't stickin. Sunday morning while we were out on our walk he says I think I want to change his name ... I think I like the name Zeus ... so Zeus it is. Isn't he so cute!!!???

9 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Are we referring to hubby or Zues when we say cute? *winks*. So Zues makes it 6 ankle biters at home. And I thought I was overboard with 4 cats and a large dog inside...

That little girl creeped me out too, the nerve. I wouldn't of been quite so nice to her though....

(Hugs)Indigo

Melissa said...

thats cute that ur hubby feel in love with that puppy, lol...u know how it is with a mans best friend :)

Dannelle said...

Where is Zeus? About the little creep , I mean girl, I do sincerely hope they were from some other neighborhood. That's all you need, a weird family with lawsuit written all over their camper, aw, home! I'm really in a mood today! At least your babies are the small variety- imagine 6 shepherds or dobies running around the house! Dannelle

Joyce said...

Can we say BRAT?
Hugs, Joyce

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Oh my gosh, if it weren't for a law suit, I would have let Zeus have a bite out that brat. Damn! I have to laugh at your hubby wanting to call him Tater.

I loved your pictures and thought you were just doing a photoslide. Guess Blogger has the same bugs as AOL. HUGS

Allison said...

You certainly had a busy weekend. Garage sales and Halloween. Sorry blogger made like AOL and ate your entry. I hope that won't be a regular occurence. Have a happy election day. Luv ya!

Unknown said...

You deffiently had a busy weekend. Sorry blogger ate your entry. Hope you have a good day!

ELLIE said...

the twins are adorable - love the costumes - that puppy is just TOO CUTE!!!
LOVE the name zeus - you all just crack me up!!
now as for psycho girl at your house - I would not have been so nice - trust me -hunnie would have hurt her feelings - that is crazy!!!
-Ellie

Terri said...

HAHA! I have to laugh cause when we first bought our chihuahua the lady had named him Tater...and before we left her house I told Jeff his name just had to be changed...lol so we named him Beau

Aww, I missed out on seeing the pics hope you post more...

Enjoy your new furbaby! =)

Hugs
Terri