Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Baby it's Cold Outside

Snag Only!!!

Photobucket

Now we don't get snow here in lower Alabama but it was pretty darn chilly this morning. So chilly that when I woke up (after a brutal night with Zeus), there was a fire all ready to toast my tootsies. Hubby had coffee ready & waiting on me to. It's one of those rare moments when I get to see him when I wake up in the morning. He took a sick day from work cause he had some veteran affairs things to take care of. I'm thinking he'll be home by lunch.

The fair is in town! Actually it's a few towns over. It's called the Peanut Festival, it comes once a year. Our state celebrates peanuts cause we make up 1/2 of all the US peanut supply. Pretty cool huh? We haven't decided which day we will be going. Today they are having a concert but it's someone I have never heard of ... tomorrow Bucky Covington from American Idol will be playing or we could be going on Saturday to watch the Demolition Derby ... I just love those things. Yes, I'm a redneck woman and darn proud of my title. I pack a pistol and I have no problem hunting for my own food =D I believe PETA stands for people eating tasty animals. he he he

Sorry to any vegitarians out there. I look at it like this ... God wouldn't have given me teeth to tear away at meat if I wasn't meant to eat it.

Well, that's all for me ... gotta get back to teaching the kids, their short break has come to an end. Have a great day!

5 comments:

ELLIE said...

send some cool air our way - it is warming up too much for me!
I hope you have a terrific day!
Peace--Ellie

Estela said...

Don't wait too long! The fair leaves Sunday night. I hadn't realized it was so short, but it's here and gone in about 10 days. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmi...just wanted to say hello and hope I can follow your blog..we have a few things in common...I am a bit older than you...but my hubby is retired Army...also retired from Veterans Hospital...also retired from Methodist Church...I mean that boy retired...and we are south alabama folk...well hubby is...not me...I am a buckeye transplant to the south LOL..visiting your blog will be good...and come see me sometime...I love company!!! hugs Ora in KY

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

I hate cold nights and cold weather. It goes into the 30's here now but gets almost to 70 n the day which is good. Hope you get to the fair and have a great time! HUGS

Unknown said...

Very nice tag.